Tuesday 5 January 2010

3D Cinema

'Wow! 3D cinema!'
Is what I would have liked to have said after watching Avatar in 3D. I am in no way criticizing the film, it is in fact one of the best films I have ever seen in my life! The annoyance of the experience was the so called '3D'. I have, at aged ten or so, experienced 3D at Universal Studios in Florida, the IMAX Terminator 3D ride/show was truly amazing, with all kinds of robots and flying objects coming right up to your face.

The 3D in the Taunton Odeon was to be frank distinctly poor. Without being IMAX the 3-dimensional elements wre restricted to the boundaries of the screen and it was, in effect, like looking at a 3D world through a window, personally I would have felt more connected and involved with the story without this half hearted and toned down 3D technology. There was even more than one instance where the perspective and clarity of the picture were incredibly poor, the 2 layers used to create a 3D effect becoming separated. 

A couple of times I raised my glasses and there wasn't even any 3D added to the scene!

I most definitely won't be watching 3D in a cinema again unless it is at an IMAX, complete waste of money in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment