Monday 14 May 2012

A Little Loft in the Woods


A fantastic discovery today was this little gem of site which portrays the beautiful project that resulted in this gorgeous little egg house in the the woods of Whistler, Canada. Just shows what you can do if you follow your heart, even if your naivety leads you into the complete unknown.


"The HemLoft is a self-funded secret creation that I built on crown land in Whistler, Canada. It hangs on a precipitous slope, in a towering stand of Hemlocks, about a five minute walk from the nearest road. When I started building it, I was just a fledgling carpenter, living out of my car. Building an experimental orb deep in the woods, with no electrical power, isn’t the recommended way to ease yourself into carpentry. However, I was armed with a couple of the most powerful tools a carpenter can have: blind naiveté and supreme determination. Full story here."

No comments:

Post a Comment