Monday 16 March 2009

Feminist Essay Writing

As a man it is very difficult for me to write an essay about feminism without at some point sounding sexist. Arguments for an against certain opinions in society, stereotypes etc and when writing it is plain for me to see why most feminist writings have been partaken by women, even in today's climate. I am not sexist but I sound it, god forbid would I ever be so, in many respects I think women are far superior to men.

The area in which i have been concentrating is that of film direction and why there is a sustained absence of female directors in the industry. it is a very interesting case and one, as a film fanatic, I have found a great interest in, but throughout I have had to delete many lines, altering them take away many a sexist 'tinge' they hold.
Having said this I will return to my essay and continue fighting in favor of women directors, I believe we are missing out on half of the talent in the world, we could have twice as many great films and twice as many great directors.

Blog 01; Darren; END

No comments:

Post a Comment